Sunday, June 20, 2010

Remember to Nourish the Self

We all need to regenerate body, mind & spirit. Making time for quiet everyday is the best way to create a self-nourishing environment. This is a perfect time for deep reflection, meditation, reading, or writing. The healing power of reiki is there for us to deepen the internal quiet and regenerate.

We can use reiki on ourselves during this quiet time and every night as we fall asleep to quiet the mind, harmonize our energy, and nourish ourselves body, mind and spirit.

It's natural to place our hands on ourselves for self-nurturing. When we use reiki, we feel the soothing warmth and clear energy fill our organs, lymph glands and whole body. If I've been at my computer for a long while that day, using a hand position over my eyes and mind is just right for re-balancing the energy that's been focused at the front of my brain for so long. If there's tension in my neck, resting my palms under my neck, laying my elbows open to the side, feels wonderful! Laying the arms open this way incorporates a yoga technique that lifts the mind and relaxes the shoulder area from stress. B.K.S. Iyengar said "You can't be depressed if your armpits are open." Try it for yourself and see!

Remember to be diligent about self-nurturing and consider it the body maintenance we need to stay healthy and happy. Make time for quiet every day. Only when we are strong and whole are we available to do our work in the world.

"First the self and what nourishes the self. Then pause for deep reflection. Then, what nourishes others". Barbara Ann Brennan
It's so true, isn't it? If we run ourselves ragged and deplete our energy stores, we are weakened. (And in need of healing!) To nourish our loved ones we must be available by being full enough ourselves to overflow and bring benefit to others' lives.

One of my favorite sayings is:
"Breathe DEEPLY. Look around you. This is your life!"
That is a constant reminder I use to pause and reflect in THIS moment and realize that this is it - right now - this is my life happening all around me. It motivates me to get the most out of every day and to love as well as I can in each living moment. So breathe deeply....

For more information about reiki and reiki training, check out the reiki website!

Be well,
Jane

Share/Bookmark

No comments: